Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New beginnings.

 It's been a long while since I've done any sort of serious writing. Hell, it's been a while since I've done any casual writing. I've been feeling more than a little out of touch with my inner journalist/copy editor, though. That, combined with a desire to slow my rapid descent into the world of hard science and complex maths, led me to do something I normally avoid like discussions about politics or religion: I made a New Year's resolution to start a new blog.

For the most part, I expect there to be a lot of fibery blather in days to come. Knitting, spinning, and cooking are my main vices these days, as living on college loan money for six years running  tends to prohibit wild debauchery. For those of you keeping count, this is degree number two for me. Apparently a Fine Arts degree makes you overqualified (or perhaps underqualified) to work at most dead end, minimum wage jobs, so I'm trying for something slightly more likely to ensure employment: Communication (Haha, just kidding.) Chemistry. I'm about a third of the way into my new degree, with an eye on applying to graduate schools with art conservation programs once I'm about halfway through.

My goal for now is to update the blog at least once a week and post my current goings-on. I'm also hoping to get back into working on my fine art stuff again this year, as I've been avoiding it since the Employment  Drought of 2010.  We'll see. The most important goal for me is actually doing things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment