Since I'm still working on looking for another job, I have a lot of spare time. Yaaay. On the bright side, it means that I have so much time for crafting, it's ridiculous.
Since the last time I posted, I finished two more pairs of fingerless mitts.
|Hello, plaster hand. We meet again.|
These are a DIY basic mitt pattern, knit with Knitters Nightmare Batty Sock in the colorway Sugar Skulls. I used 2.00 mm (US 0) DPNs and sized them to fit my very tiny wrists, as you can see in the photo. The Ravelry project page for these (which includes the "pattern" I "wrote" to make them) is over here.
Here's pair #2:
|These things are bulletproof.|
|No, your eyes aren't playing tricks. One has horizontal chevrons and the other has vertical.|
|My favorite shot of these gloves.|
These are the Wellington Mitts from the Knitscene Accessories 2012 issue, by Rebecca Blair. They're knit in Lanas Stop Bambini and Oso Blanco Amore. Lanas Stop and Oso Blanco are two Spanish brands of yarn, in case you couldn't tell from the names. I picked the yarn for these up about two years ago when I was visiting my parents. They're knit on 1.75 mm (US 00) DPNs (No, seriously.) and worked at about 11.5 sts/inch in order to size them to my hands. My project page with more notes can be found here on Rav.
I'd like to state that these were a pain in the everloving ass to knit, by the way. Not due to the pattern, which was both clear and simple, but the fact that this was the first time I've ever knit anything on 00s. The stitches were almost painfully tight to work, and I had to add an extra 3-4 repeats in before I had enough space in the thumb gusset to finish these mitts. I'm happy with the end results, but friggin' A, man.
That's pretty much it for my knitting FOs. I have a crochet and a cross-stitch project done that I'll be posting in another entry a little later, mainly so the size on each of these is a little more manageable and a little less pic-spammy.